Welcome to Vastrap Guest Farm
The Halfway Stay between Namibia and South Africa
The word Vastrap can be translated as a foothold or stepping stone - which is exactly what this guest farm offers its weary travelers. Half way between Keetmanshoop and the border to South Africa, Vastrap is the ideal place to stop over and relax in its tranquil environment.
This majestic 6,000 hectare sheep farm near the small town of Grünau in the far South of Namibia has been in the family since 1942.
Grünau is a tiny settlement with only ONE fuel station and no shops, so supplies cannot be easily found here. However, we at VASTRAP can supply you with fresh or frozen meat for your trip through Namibia or to South Africa.
Pork and Lamb
(As some preparation is required, please order all meat one week prior to your arrival at Vastrap.)
Visit us for a relaxing and quiet environment in which you can unwind and recharge for your trip ahead. We are looking forward to welcoming you in our lovely country!
Rean and Hettie Steenkamp
- Daily trips around the farm.
- Self drive trips to the Fish River Canyon.
- Guided Hunting Safaris during the hunting season (May - August).
- Guided Tour of the Quiver Tree Mountain on the Farm – 20km.
- Fish River Canyon View point – 120 km West of Grünau.
- Aussenkehr Wineyards – 140 km South of Grünau.
- Ariamsvlei – 170 km Wast of Grünau.
- Ai-Ais – 110 km West of Grünau.
- Naute Dam – 135 km West of Grünau.